Following are preliminary details regarding coverage for the funeral of Israel's ninth president, Shimon Peres.
Live broadcasts on all media (television, radio and Internet) will be provided free of charge from three locations: Ben-Gurion International Airport during the arrival of the delegations, the Knesset tomorrow (Thursday, 29 September 2016) from 08:30-09:00 to cover the laying of wreaths by heads of state, and on Mt. Herzl on Friday (30 September) from 09:00-13:00 to cover the eulogies and the funeral ceremony. The live broadcasts will be available on the GPO website and Facebook page.
Coverage of the funeral ceremony at Mt. Herzl on Friday will be by pool only; details to be issued separately.
The Government Press Office (GPO) will operate a media center for the convenience of foreign journalists at the GPO building in the Jerusalem Technology Park (Malha; Building #4, fourth floor). The center will include live broadcasts, background materials (including historical photographs) and photographs from the above three locations and will operate from 08:00 tomorrow morning until the conclusion of the funeral at approximately 13:30 Friday afternoon.
Roads around the Knesset will be closed from tomorrow; the roads around Mt. Herzl are due to be closed from Friday morning until the conclusion of the funeral.
Following are the tentative media arrangements for the Knesset for tomorrow (Thursday, 29 September):
Regarding Knesset entry permits:
* Permanent Knesset entry permits are valid all day tomorrow.
* Media entry to the Knesset tomorrow morning from 06:30.
* Journalists with valid GPO cards are requested to send their applications for Knesset entry permits (as per the usual procedure) to the Knesset Visits and Permits Dept. at 03-5611201 (fax) or email@example.com. For questions, please phone 02-6496729.
* Journalists without valid GPO cards are invited to contact the Knesset Visits and Permits Dept. in order to arrange an entry permit, and – having done so – will be able to cover from 12:00-16:00.
The schedule is as follows:
* At 08:45, President Reuven Rivlin, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein will pay their respects before the coffin.
* From 09:00-21:00 (or as necessary), the public will be able to pay their respects before the coffin.
* The media platforms are designated for video and stills photographers.
* Stand-up and broadcast positions will be allocated to interested media near the monument on the Knesset plaza.
Updates and further details on the above and other aspects regarding coverage of the funeral will be issued separately.