The Security Cabinet met yesterday evening (Tuesday) to continue its discussions on thesecurity situation and approved a series of additional steps to deal with the wave of terrorism:
* The Israel Police is authorized to impose a closure on, or to surround, centers of friction and incitement in Jerusalem, in accordance with security considerations.
* In addition to the demolition of terrorists' homes, no new construction will be permitted at the site where a terrorist's home has been demolished.
* The property of terrorists who perpetrate attacks will be confiscated.
* The permanent residency rights of terrorists will be revoked.
* The operational force of the Israel Police will be enlarged and expanded.
* 300 additional security guards will be recruited for public transportation in Jerusalem at a cost of NIS 80 million.
* IDF units will reinforce the Israel Police in cities and along roads.
* The IDF will be instructed to deploy units in sensitive areas along the security fence in the immediate term. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu directed that staff work be done on completing the security fence including in the southern Hebron Hills area.
The Security Cabinet will reconvene this afternoon (Wednesday, 14 October 2015), to deal with additional issues including incitement.