PM Netanyahu and His Wife Sara Welcomed in the Great Hall of the People; Economic Agreements Signed
(Communicated by the Prime Minister's Media Adviser)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife Sara, today (20 March 2017), in Beijing, were welcomed in the Great Hall of the People by Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang. The national anthems of China and Israel were played.
The two Prime Ministers held a working meeting that was a breakthrough in bilateral relations:
* It was agreed to hasten the establishment of a free-trade zone between Israel and China and the work of the special economic cooperation committee (NDRC);
* Prime Minister Netanyahu proposed the establishment of a fast track for Israeli and Chinese investors. It was agreed to advance the idea, which could lead to many joint agreements;
* Prime Minister Netanyahu also raised the issue of dedicating a direct air link between Shanghai and Tel Aviv;
Prime Minister Netanyahu and Chinese Prime Minister Li, and ministers in their governments, signed a series of agreements:
* A multi-year taskforce plan (by Prime Minister's Office Director General Eli Groner);
* An agreement on foreign workers from China (by Economy and Industry Minister Eli Cohen);
* An aviation cooperation agreement (by Israeli Ambassador to China Zvi Heifetz);
* The establishment of joint laboratories (by Science, Technology and Space Minister Ofir Akunis);
Chinese Prime Minister Li is hosting a dinner for Prime Minister Netanyahu.